Is it only a developer? Or only a master chef? No! It’s Arie, the man who can not only scramble up some eggs, but is also able to bake you an awesome coded website or application. And yes, he does it at the same time.
A big welcome to the newest member of our team: Mister Multitasker, Arie!
I can’t go a day without
A homemade cappuccino and a newspaper during breakfast. It eases the transition from sleeping in a peaceful bed to cycling through the Amsterdam traffic. The newspaper prevents me from reading the lists of ingredients and marketing slogans from the packages on the table. I never like it when this moment ends. Pro tip: create an additional cappuccino.
My favorite guilty pleasure is definitely the movie/series
“The World’s Most Extraordinary Homes”. I must admit that the designs are cool, but the hideous lady that presents them fills them with a surplus of words like ‘wonderful’, ‘amazing’ and ‘splendid’. The locations and houses are also way beyond the reach of a simple man like me.
My secret superpower is
Don’t get me started:
– Whining about the small inconveniences in life but staying strong during serious setbacks. I immediately think about the serious disaster when my stock of coffee failed me lately.
– Waking up in the middle of the night and knowing the current time by an estimation of five minutes. This has nothing to do with me being awake far too often.
– My ability to find the exact page for a word in a dictionary at once. A positive side-effect of studying dead languages.
– Scoring an own goal from 25 meters while playing football and trying to defend. Our goalie loves me.
– My excellency in emptying the bin containing a wide collection of poopy baby diapers that are left on the balcony for too long. My wife is very proud.
– I can blow a soap bubble into a soap bubble. My son is not impressed anymore.
– Using the blender with my left hand while cutting vegetables with my right hand and igniting the gas stove with my knee. An essential skill I acquired when I was a chef.
There are probably more people who have some of these superpowers. But having mastered the combination of them all makes it unique.
My favorite app is
Reddit. At the end of the day it is comforting to know there are always people who were less fortunate in subreddits like /TIF, /IDontWorkHereLady and /therewasanattempt.
I like my coffee
Flat white. With some good milk, but still with the strong taste of espresso. Preferably with a fruity aroma.